I am a third year student nurse (adult branch) studying at Glenside. I am currently one of the student representatives for my tutor group, and a departmental representative for Nursing and Midwifery. Being from a minority background and studying at a 'satellite' campus, representation is incredibly important to me and I am passionate about student engagement and interprofessional working.
As Glenside Campus officer, I will:
- listen to feedback and concerns
- represent your views to the Students' Union executive, the Students' Union itself, and the wider University
- encourage participation in Students' Union activities
- hold regular surgeries either in person or via social media and email
- signpost students to appropriate services
- promote interprofessional education and working between the diverse programmes at Glenside
In addition to my student representative roles, I am also a student ambassador, a (former) PAL leader for the first year Physiology and Pharmacology module, President of the UWE Friends of Medecins sans Frontieres Society, a student information officer for the Royal College of Nursing, a St John Ambulance first aider, and a nursing assistant at the BRI. These roles have given me many opportunities to meet people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and I believe that this will help me to pursue this role effectively.