It's EARTH DAY THIS WEEK!! And HallsLife want to celebrate by reducing our use! You and your flatmates could win - there's over £500 worth of prizes to be won!!!
Throughout this week we want to challenge YOU to reduce your use of electricity, gas, water, and waste (bins/recycling)! There's so many ways to reduce your use:
- Turn off appliances at the wall
- Turn off lights if you're not in the room
- Take shorter showers (4 minutes or less)
- Switch to rechargable batteries
- Make use of your food waste bin
And that's not even the half of it! We'll be releasing info on our stories all week so tune in for all the tips (or send us your own)!
To enter the competition:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Insta (@UWEHallsLife) your halls/flat number.
2. We'll check how much energy you're currently using so we've got your starting point! We can check your electricity, gas, and water usage.
3. Try to reduce your use thorughout the week - you can also send us photos throughout the week of things we can't track like recycling properly, reducing food waste, or switching to rechargable batteries.
First Prize: £50 Love2Shop voucher for each member of your team (max 10 people to a team)
Second Prize: a hamper full of tasty treats including sweets, crisps, hot drinks, mocktails, and more!
Please note this event is only open to students currently living on UWE Frenchay or Glenside Accommodation.