Funday Friday: Dementia-Friendly Blankets Launch Day
Fri 27 March 2020 11:00-14:00
The Students' Union, Frenchay Campus
It's launch day this Funday Friday, where we will begin making Dementia-friendly blankets to hand over to Saffron Gardens residential home during Dementia Action Week in May. Please join us on 27 March 11:00 to 14:00 launch the initiative - and we will keep all equipment with us at The Students' Union so you can continue to sew at any point afterwards.
We would love you to:
- Bring any different textured materials or haberdashery bits and bobs to sew on to the blankets i.e. zips, buttons, pompoms etc.
- Take part on the launch day to start making a blanket - NO sewing skills necessary!
- Drop in to the Students Union any time its open to add to the blankets. come and sew any time. Come alone & bring friends. (Opening hours: Frenchay 09:00-20:00. Glenside 09:30-14:30. Bower Ahston 10:00-15:00. Monday to Friday)
- Visit us at Glenside and Bower when we bring the blanket over to your campus - dates TBC!
- Come along on May 15th and eveyone that has contributed can handover all the finished blankets. There will be a cake sale raising money for Dementia Action Week & the Alzheimers society too.
Come and join us in working towards a wonderful cause - Saffron Garndens has 70 patients so please hep us reach our target.
We look forward to seeing you there.