Commercial Services Assistant
Purpose of the Post
- To assist in the day-to-day operation of The Students’ Union’s Commercial Services.
The position shares with all other staff positions a general purpose which is:
- To work collectively for the attainment of the goals of the Union as expressed in the Constitution, Policy Book, and Strategic Plan and through the decisions of its committees
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Unlock and lock the commercial services outlet(s) as necessary following opening and closing procedures.
- Operate cash and PDQ tills including any related cash procedures, exchanges and refunds, resolving customer queries or problems as they occur.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of offers within commercial areas.
- Provide assistance to customers, ensuring the customer always comes first, alleviating any queues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all health, safety and hygiene rules, regulations and associated procedures are complied with, and assist with completion of necessary records.
- Place orders as and when directed.
- Check deliveries to ensure correct stock received and timely storage of goods. Liaise with suppliers with regard to deliveries or missing stock, and work collaboratively with the EPOS team to ensure accurate stock control.
- Ensure appropriate stock rotation, facing up and stocking of commercial areas, reporting any issues to management.
- Prepare food for consumption, adhering to portion control guidelines and set presentation standards.
- Adhere to security procedures, for example the secure storage of stock.
- Assist, support and give training as necessary to colleagues.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Commercial Services Director, Deputy Commercial Manager(s), Commercial Services Assistant Manager(s) or Commercial Services Supervisors(s)
- Good standard of general education
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of stocktaking and stock control
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Friendly, helpful and reliable
- Excellent timekeeping
- Flexible, adaptable and calm under pressure
- Good organisational ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Enthusiasm and positive approach
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Health and Safety qualification
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working within Students’ Unions
- Experience of working in a high volume retail or catering outlet
Rate of Pay: £18,596
Holiday Entitlement: 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Closure Days
Hours per Week: 37 hours per week over 5 days
Location: Frenchay campus, but the post-holder may be required to work at, or from, any of the Union’s establishments.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please download an application and Equal Opportunities form
Application Deadline: 15/12/2019
Interview Date: 18/12/2019 - 20/12/2019