We are looking for a Finance Administrator to assist the Finance Manager in all Procedures to deliver and provide an efficient finance service.
This role has the prospect of further study and development with strong progression opportunities.
Principle Purpose of the Role
To be a member of the Finance Team and to proactively provide finance process support to all departments.
To assist the Finance Manager in all procedures to deliver and provide efficient and effective finance service.
- Reconcile and monitor orders for materials and services, ensuring that the relating activity of the business is in accordance with agreed policies and delivers best value.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation of management accounts.
- Maintain the financial spreadsheets and accounts submissions.
- Assist the Finance Manager with audit processes and procedures.
- Support the implementation of initiatives within the business.
- Coordinate and process payment requests, staff expenses and direct debit collections.
- Administer card payments whilst ensuring expenditure is in-line with current internal processes.
- Maintain online spending transactions.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and monitor major control accounts.
- Monitor and report on stock controls implemented by various cost centers.
- Manage electronic journal entries process.
- Provide cover for the Finance Assistants responsibilities whilst they are on leave.
- To maintain the Exchequer importer module.
- To monitor and control the office petty cash.
- To undertake any other reasonable ad hoc duties.
- Good standard of general education to degree level or equivalent.
- Direct experience not essential.
- Ability to plan and implement systems.
- Ability to take ownership of certain finance systems to ensure that they continue to develop to meet the needs of the Union.
- Very strong IT skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to present information to a wide audience.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to work flexibly in hours of work.
- Good time management skills.
- Hands on approach.
- Driving Licence.
- Financial qualification or equivalent.
- Breadth of experience gained in a finance environment.
- Experience in the operation of financial and payroll systems.
- Experience of EPOS systems.
- Experience in an admin role.
- Knowledge of Exchequer Enterprise.
- Knowledge of Sage payroll.
- Knowledge of VAT requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure, respond quickly to changing priorities and work to deadlines.
- Sense of humour.
Rate of Pay: £20,634
Holiday Entitlement: 27 days, and Bank Holidays and Closure Days (pro rata).
Hours per Week: 37 hours per week.
Duration of Role: Permanent.
Location: Based at Frenchay Campus. The postholder may be required to work at, or from any of the Union’s establishments.
Full Job Description Person Specification
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please download an Application Form and an Equal Opportunities Form
Once complete email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 02/10/2020
Interview Dates: 12/10/2020-16/10/2020