The purpose of this role is to provide high quality care, education and learning opportunities for children aged 0-5 years
The position shares with all other staff positions a general purpose, which is:
To work collectively for the attainment of the goals of The Students’ Union at UWE as expressed in the Constitution, Policy Book, and Strategic Plan and through the decisions of its committees.
Support for Children’s learning
- To provide high quality, child-centred care and education.
- To plan, organise and supervise activities, organising themes and projects.
- To act as a key-person for a group of children.
- To supervise and encourage positive, safe behaviour for children and adults.
- To build positive relationships with children by acting as a role model and providing a warm, caring environment.
- To conduct regular observations on children and maintain developmental records.
Support for the Learning Environment
- To retrieve, sort and display children’s work and other relevant material in an effort to provide a pleasant physical environment that promotes the ethos of the setting.
- To supervise the premises ensuring they remain clean, tidy, safe and secure.
- To complete daily room checks and participate in the review of risk assessments.
Care and Support for children
- To assist children with personal, social hygiene and care.
- To identify concerns in regards to children’s development and progress and differentiate planning to address their personal needs effectively.
- To devise and implement Personal Plans for children with SEND in collaboration with child’s parents and the setting SENDCO.
- To promote and engage in effective, positive communication with children, colleagues, staff and parents.
The post holder will be receiving supervision from the Management/Supervisory Team but will be expected to work on his/her own initiative for routine tasks
The post holder may also be required to undergo training.
Skills & Experience
- Good standard of education (GCSE levels in Maths and English)
- NNEB,CACHE, level 3 in childcare Qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working in a nursery environment with children in the relevant age group.
- Experience of monitoring and recording children’s development and progression.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards operating in a nursery.
- Working knowledge of the Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Care for the children in a warm and sensitive manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Paediatric First Aid qualification.
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Safeguarding qualification
- Experience of working as a team member in a nursery environment.
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and English as an Additional Language.
- Ability to play a musical instrument.
- Artistic/Creative skills (drawing, singing).
- Ability to speak another language.
Rate of Pay: £19,540 (Pro rata).
Hours: 15.25 hours per week.
Location: Frenchay Campus, Bristol.
Please note that this is a job sharing role.
How to Apply:
Please download an Application and Equal Opportunity Form.
Please return completed versions to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Thursday 15th February 2018