- Support the Commercial Manager with oversight and lead Retail Assistants to ensure all shop duties are carried out.
- Supporting the Commerical Manager with reconciliation of takings and overseeing and supporting on the till point and throughout the store when necessary.
- To assist the Commercial Manager to train, develop, coach, involve and motivate all retail staff by initiating and promoting highest standards of in store training and on the job coaching.
- Maximises sales and exceeds store budgets, achieved through highest possible levels of customer service and coaching.
- To maximize sales and exceed store budgets, achieved through effective and continuous space, stock and seasonal management and the highest levels of customer service.
- Continuously review with the Commercial Manager and feedback where appropriate, product lines, price sensitives and slow sellers to ensure that the product range meets customers’ existing and future needs.
- To work with the Commercial Manager liaising with suppliers and other relevant organizations to ensure that the Union receives the highest quality products at the most economical cost.
- To ensure customer service levels are continually reviewed and improved so as to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Ensures brand/layout guidelines are being correctly followed to deliver brand values and ensure corporate image evident in stock presentation.
- With support of the Commercial Manager, organises key promotional events in a timely and systematic way following the trade calendar, to ensure on time delivery.
- To be aware of all relevant Health and Safety Requirements and ensure they are compliant at all times.
- To ensure all security procedures are carried out in accordance with The Students’ Union at UWE policies and within defined stock loss targets.
- Adhere to the opening and closing procedure.
- Working within guidelines provided by the Commercial Manager (Retail), ensuring appropriate level of stock are available and overseeing/supporting the replenishment process within the shops.
- Instruction and support of frequent stock takes.
Skills and Experience
- Retail or customer service experience.
- Proven people management skills including developing teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise a challenging workload.
- Ability to work autonomously & as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent time keeper, and reliable.
- Current clean driving licence.
- Experience of a Higher Education institution, as a staff member or student.
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of students in higher education.
- Working knowledge of health & safety.
The post holder will receive guidance and day to day support from the Commercial Manager (Retail), but will be expected to work on his/ her initiative for routine tasks.
The post holder may also be required to undergo training.
Rate of Pay: £17,926 (Pro rota).
Hours: 30 hours a week (Term-time only).
Duration: Fixed term until July 2018.
Location: Glenside Campus (Bristol).
Please not this a term-time only role.
How to Apply:
Please download an Application and Equal Opportunity Form.
Please return completed versions to email@example.com