- To assist the Commercial Manager (Licensed Trade) to oversee the operation of the facilities of the venue in its entirety which includes the provision for wet sales and food service, and the supporting provisions relating to the entertainment of the customers.
- To assist the Commercial Manager (Licensed Trade) to recruit, induct, coach, involve and motivate venue staff such that they are committed to making the venue in which they work the first choice for students.
- To involve venue staff in the development and delivery of promotional activities and entertainments so as to generate a fun environment.
- To assist the Commercial Manager (Licensed Trade) to ensure adherence to all legal requirements including Fire, Health and Safety, Licensing and Employment.
- To act as duty manager, overseeing the venue in its entirety when required. Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of the venue.
- Ensure the venue opens on time and is ready for business.
- Keep staff busy and productive at all times, ensuring staff meet the standards expected, addressing and correcting bad practice where applicable.
- To assist the Commercial Manager (Licensed Trade) to meet performance targets.
- Ensure the security of cash at all times.
- Assist in the control of staff wage costs.
- Involvement in the setting of service and quality standards, including sharing ideas for new services and products.
- To ensure the proper receipt storage and security of all goods for resale.
- To control the sale of those goods and in so doing to ensure the proper receipt, banking and security of all monies due.
- Ensure opening, closing and cleaning checklists are completed.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Commercial Manager (Licensed Trade).
Skills and Experience
- Eligible to hold a Security Industry Authority licence
- Eligible to hold a Personal Licence (Licensing Act 2003)
- Experience of cashing up procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of the basics of running a commercial operation
- Demonstrates a willingness to work unsociable hours
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Enthusiasm and positive approach
- Certificate in Health & Safety legislation
- One year’s experience of supervising a small team preferably in a restaurant/bar/nightclub environment
- Holder of a Personal Licence
- Knowledge of the student market
Rate of Pay: £19,540 per year (pro rata).
Hours: 37 per week, term time.
Job Type: Fixed term until May 2019.
How to Apply
Please download an Application form and an Equal Opportunities form. Please return completed version to email@example.com