Exams are over, it’s time to take a well-deserved break! What if you could top up on your tan while earning money or gaining valuable experience for your future career? We had a look at the current paid and voluntary positions in the outdoor/environmental/sustainability sectors…
1. Take a look at the SU Job Shop
https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/opportunities/jobs/ (need to log in)
- Volunteer Bar Staff (LARMER TREE FEST)– work for 13 hours in exchange for a free festival ticket in Salisbury
- Activity Instructor at West Country Games- running outdoor activities and parties in Leigh Woods (9 hours per week)
2. Keep up to date with the sustainability sector at https://www.environmentjob.co.uk
- Estate worker –Gardening in Herstercombe Garden Trust near Somerset, Full time and Permanent position, £17k pa
- Business Administrator at Resource Futures – permanent Part-time jobs (Salary from £17.5 pa/pro rata) at a leading ethical and employee-owned environmental consultancy – a great graduate job!
- Assistant Ecologist/Field Surveyor at Thomson Ecology – this is a paid, full time summer job for those studying towards Environmental degrees. Get paid between £9.75- 17 per hours for doing bat surveys! You need your own vehicle
3. Discover rewarding volunteering opportunities in Bristol
And finally… do not forget that the Green Team at UWE offers amazing volunteering opportunities throughout the year!
- You can drop-in and try gardening at the Frenchay Community Garden (summer dates here: https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/community/green-team/community-garden/ no need to book!)
- Or you can get involved deeper and become a Project Leader for our woodland conservation project Green Space (more info here https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/community/green-team/greenspace/)