We're currently reviewing our events process so bear with us whilst we put together the How To Guide. However we have put a few helpful tips and processes together to help you for the moment.
Organising an Event
- Let us know you are running an event. We can offer lots of support and advice as we have supported many societies to run lots of different events. You can find you relevant coordinator to get in touch with here.
- Ensure you have booked a space. Contact your relevant coordinator to do this or speak to The Students' Union Reception.
- If you have a speaker coming on campus, please submit a external speaker request form to your coordinator at least two weeks before the event.
- Put together a Risk Assessment for the event if necessary. Please return this to your coordinator.
- Complete the Events Booking Form. Please return this to your coordinator.
- Don't forget to Budget the Event and approve it with your coordinator.
- Ensure your event is ready to go ahead and promote it to your members. Don't forget our Brand Guidelines for any promotion materials you are making.
Tips for Organising an Event
- Think about what you want the event to achieve and who it will be targeted at.
- Ensure everyone helps to organise it.
- Try and sell tickets before if you need to. You can put those up on your Society Webpage.
- Think about where, when and what in relation to the event.
- Does it require any budget. If it does do you have that and can you afford to lose that money if it is not a success.
- Have a contingency plan if the event does not happen.
- Be creative with your promotion. Will you target it as a wider audience than just your membership.
- Review the event after and ensure it forms part of your handover.
If your event is overnight or not in Bristol then it is probably a trip. Get in touch to clarify this with us.
Downloads you will need are: