Payroll & HR Administrator
Purpose of the Post
- To operate, maintain and develop The Student’s Union at UWE payroll system.
- To ensure that The Student’s Union at UWE staff are paid in accordance with their agreed terms and conditions of employment.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory regulations.
- To assist the HR Manager in HR administrative duties and undertake related projects as requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the monthly payroll is accurately completed and produced to agreed deadlines.
- To calculate and administer all necessary payments to both permanent and student staff.
- To provide HMRC with all necessary returns, payments and any other information within the statutory deadlines.
- To administer the pension provision for The Students’ Union at UWE.
- To monitor pay increases, absence levels, maternity/paternity entitlements and raise to the HR Manager when necessary.
- To ensure that all confidential payroll records are kept in compliance with the Data Protection Act and that secure backups are made and retained.
- To assist the HR Manager in the administration of the personnel records of The Student’s Union at UWE.
- To be responsible for new starter administration including obtaining references, providing documentation, gathering information required by payroll and ISIS, setting up a paper and electronic personnel files.
- To produce regular reports and data analysis using the electronic HR package and paper based information.
- Any other general administrative duties within the HR department.
- To establish and maintain good internal team-focused relationships regarding payroll and HR matters.
- To conduct internal and self-audits to ensure compliancy.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by your Line Manager.
- A good standard of general education Inc. Maths
- Minimum one year experience working in an administrative or supporting role
- Experience of running a payroll, including understanding of HMRC legislation & Pension auto enrolment.
- Experience in customer service environment
- Good IT Skills inc knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong time management skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Approachable and personable
- Ability to prioritise work across a range of conflicting demands
- Ability to use own initiative, consulting relevant parties as and when required
- Understanding of equal opportunities legislation
- Demonstrate Personal Integrity
- Ability to be flexible in respect of hours worked and tasks undertaken
- Administration/HR or Finance related qualification
- Experience of working with students
- Experience is a diverse and fast-paced environment
- Experience with SAGE packages
- Proficient in use of other IT packages
- Knowledge of HR best practice
Please see the full Job Description and Person Specification here.
Rate of Pay: £19,872 - £20,757 after increments (pay review pending) pro rata.
£8057.00 - £8,416.00
Holiday Entitlement: 27 days + Bank Holidays and a minimum of 5 Closure Days per year (Pro rata).
Hours per Week: 15 hours per week (flexible).
Duration of Role: Permanent.
Location: Based at Frenchay Campus. The postholder may be required to work at, or from any of the Union’s establishments.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please download an application and Equal Opportunities form. Please return a completed version to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 28/02/2019
Here at The Students’ Union we want our workforce to reflect the makeup of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.