Senior Representation Coordinator
Purpose of the Post:
A. To work with the Representation Manager and UWE on the strategic development of the Academic Representation System.
B. To oversee the measuring of impact of the Academic Representation System and ensuring the system is having maximum impact on the student experience.
C. To work in partnership with the University to ensure the Academic Representation System is sector leading.
The position shares with all other staff positions a general purpose to work collectively for the attainment of the goals of The Students’ Union at UWE as expressed in the Constitution, Policy Book, and Strategic Plan and through the decisions of its committees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Overseeing Academic Representation
1. To support the Representation Manager with student engagement within quality processes, the student rep system and collecting, collating and acting on feedback
2. To build student involvement in academic representation year-on-year and ensure the articulation of our successes
3. To support the Representation Manager in the induction and development of relevant staff members
4. To ensure effective monitoring, measuring and evaluation of academic department activities with a concentration on measuring outcomes and the impact of academic representation
5. To support the development of the academic representation team to be experts in the field of academic representation, with specialist knowledge of the University, national and local level policy developments
6. To brief and debrief Lead Department Reps and Presidents for key meetings
7. To ensure an evidence and high research intensive approach to the work of the Academic Representation team
8. To support UWE Bristol in the promotion and engagement of students with the National Student Survey and other student involvement with quality processes
9. To develop and maintain professional working relationships across the University and through the team
10. Work with staff and Presidents to ensure that a culture of student engagement is developed and supported across the University
11. Work closely with staff members in Student and Academic Services to develop student engagement with quality assurance and enhancement
12. To work with the Opportunities Team to develop relationships with academic societies, and to develop their ability to support student representation and engagement
13. Ensure the maintenance of accurate records of all Student Representatives at the University via the relevant database
14. Ensure adherence to the requirements of data protection
15. Maintain awareness of the academic representation system for students and staff by promoting the system via online and offline methods
16. Ensure generalist knowledge and understanding of University regulations, policies and procedures that may affect the work of the Academic Representation System
17. Ensure the availability of up to date and comprehensive resources to be used in the Academic Representation System including the updating of in-house publications and the website
Key Working Relationships:
The post holder will liaise with a range of colleagues within The Students’ Union and University, including the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Team, UWE Governance, Academic Staff, Heads of Academic Department, Student and Academic Services, Associate Deans from the faculties as appropriate.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Experience of managing own workload
- Experience of working with a student/course representative system or similar
- Liaising/networking with a range of people
- Educational Report Writing Skills
- Experience of delivering training
- In-Depth knowledge and understanding of the current issues, needs and expectations of students in higher education
- Ability to research, collate and disseminate complex information
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Managing staff
- Analytical Skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Enjoys working with a diverse range of people
- Enthusiastic and well organised
- Good team player
- Proactive approach to the changing needs of the student community
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Time management skills
- Experience of working in a Students’ Union or other not for profit organisations
- Experience of secondment of staff to enhance services
- Experience of strategic paper writing for relationship management
- Leading a team
- Experience of delivering high quality Representation support in the current university fee structure.
- Excellent organisational skills
Please see the full Job Descripton and Person Specification
Rate of Pay: £21,896 per annum.
Holiday Entitlement: 27 days + Bank Holidays and Closure Days.
Hours per Week: Full time, 37 hours per week.
Duration of Role: Fixed term until the end of May 2021.
Location: Based at Frenchay Campus. The post holder may be required to work at, or from any of the Students’ Union’s establishments.
How to Apply
Please download an application and Equal Opportunities form.
Please return a completed version to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 15th of February 2019.
Here at The Students’ Union we want our workforce to reflect the makeup of the community we serve. Therefore we welcome all applications irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer, and offer flexible working patterns.