Extra Information: Currently every student must register on the students union website in order to use its facilities; i.e. sign up for societies and sports, vote in elections etc. However, the current registration window is very poorly put together, and the mobile version rarely works at all as some of the tick boxes are impossible to click. This immediately puts students off getting involved in SU activities, particularly voting in elections; something that the SU struggles with every year and yet this very obvious and relatively simple problem hasn't been fixed. The registration process should be streamlined, asking only for absolutely necessary information, and it should be rigorously tested to ensure that it works on all devices.
- This Idea opened on 27th October 2017 and closed for voting on 17th November 2017.
- Not enough students have voted on this Idea. This Idea has failed.
- The Executive has agreed to give this Idea a conditional pass. Work will start on this Idea unless it is vetoed by two-thirds of the Student Council Meeting on 28 Nov 2017. Click here for more info
- November 2017: Student Council sent this Idea back to its proposer with a request for greater specificity as to what action will be taken. The Idea has been returned to the original proposer who is in discussion with the SU and DPC as to how best to continue.
- January 2018: The Idea proposer has agreed to the following amendment to this Idea which will be discussed at the Student Council Meeting on 06 Feb 2018: "Make the Students’ Union website’s registration process more streamline for mobile compatibility"
Public comments must oblige UK law on hate speech, defamation and equality law.
"Honest Opinion" has a legal meaning in defamation which requires evidence – please use facts to support your argument if you can.
Comments in violation of the laws of England & Wales will be removed.
Comments and Ideas may be removed following a complaint by a student member